Faculty Summer Institute (FSI) is a 3-day conference for higher education instructors and other professionals. Participants come from Illinois state universities, community colleges, private institutions, and out-of-state universities.
FSI offers presentations, workshops, and hands-on training involving the latest technological advances in education. Participants may choose to exclusively follow one of three tracks, or attend any session in any track. The tracks all correspond to this year's theme, Learning Matters.
Networking is a main component and benefit of FSI. Participants are encouraged to share their experiences and unique teaching methods with others, both in person and virtually. There are many opportunities for face-to-face networking during the conference with receptions, lunches, dinners, and sessions.
Participants are also encouraged to spread the word virtually before, during, and after the conference via Twitter, Facebook, and any other social networking sites. Please use the hash tag #fsi2013 as you communicate virtually.
Key Dates [tentative]
- Call for Proposals Opens: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
- Call for Proposals Closes: Friday, March 22, 2013
- Proposals Approved & Presenters Notified by: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
- Conference Registration Opens: Wednesday, April 3, 2013
- Online Conference Registration Closes: Monday, May 6, 2013
- FSI Conference: May 13-15, 2013
- State universities: No charge
- ION partner community colleges: $25 (ION pays the remainder)
- Private institutions: $100
- Out-of-state institutions: $100